Whilst every effort is made to keep BMFA Buckminster as safe an environment as possible it is of course an active flying site.
Follow the simple guidelines below at all times and at any time you are not sure of anything, ask a member of staff.
- On arrival at Buckminster Lodge check in at reception where you will be provided with appropriate information for your visit.
- Familiarize yourself with the layout of the site on arrival including the locations of Fire Assembly Points 1 and 2 and first aid facilities.
- Do not enter “live” areas when flying is in progress.
- Park only in the designated parking areas.
- Whilst the site is predominantly vehicle free maintain a careful lookout for utility and mobility vehicles at all times.
- Inform staff on arrival if you have any special needs or mobility restrictions or medical condition likely put you at risk during your visit.
- Take care when walking around the site, the surface is uneven in places and holes and bumps may be masked by grass growth.
- Do not enter or access the site other than through the main entrance (provisions for retrieving models landing outside of the site are covered in the specific flying rules)
- If you witness unsafe practice, equipment or structure during your visit please inform a member of staff as soon as it is practical and safe to do so.