BMFA Buckminster provides basic camping facilities for visitors to the site both as part of events and also on an individual basis, for those intending to make use of flying facilities we offer “camp and fly” deals for BMFA Members.
Our aim is to operate a friendly and relaxed atmosphere for campers, but for the enjoyment and safety of all our visitors we ask that you observe the following rules:-
- All camping must be pre-booked in advance.
- On arrival you will need either £10 or your BMFA membership card as a deposit for your gate key. This will be returned to you on departure.
- Arrival outside of office hours must be with prior arrangement.
- Absolutely no flying of model aircraft of any type (including multi-rotors) within the camp site.
- No engines to be run in or close to the camp site area.
- No fires of any kind are permitted within the site, disposable barbeques are permitted but must be used in such a manner as to be safe and not scorch the grass, gas and standard bbq’s may be used with care. When cold please dispose of your ash and waste in the metal bins provided.
- Chemical Waste – dedicated waste disposal tanks are provided on site (location marked on map) Please DO NOT empty chemical toilets in any location other than the correct facilities provided.
- Generators – generators are permitted in the camp site, however all generators must be switched off by 10pm.
- Chinese lanterns are strictly prohibited.
- Should you wish to depart prior to reception opening times (9.30am and 5.30pm) please arrange this the day prior your departure with reception staff.
- You should aim to vacate your pitch by 12 noon. If your pitch is not already booked out you may arrange a late stay. Late stays are available until 5.00pm, departures after this will be charged a further night’s pitch fee.
- We will only allow one car per pitch. Extra vehicles should be parked in the appropriate carpark.
- Please be considerate of other campers and keep noise to a minimum. We do request absolute quiet after 10pm each evening.