Much has been happening over the previous months but the signing of the lease sets the scene for the ‘serious work’ to commence in accordance with the initial project plan.
- Lease document signed on behalf of BMFA by Chairman and CEO.
- Removal of fencing and barbed wire undertaken as forerunner to flying site clearance work.
- Initial tree removal works completed – small number of trees removed by agreement with landowner to clear flying area.
- Hedge removal completed – hedge removal agreed with landowner to clear flying area.
- Tenders produced for works – specification documents distributed to three contractors.
- Contract awarded for initial ground works (drainage etc)
- Presentation given to BMFA AGM – information subsequently featured on website.
- Work commenced on creating bespoke website for National Centre.
- Initial PR work commenced with showing interested parties the site.