Work has commenced in earnest and December has been a busy month at Buckminster.
We have made the most of a relatively dry month and completed the majority of the works to the flying site, this can now be left until the spring when we re-cultivate the prepared runways and set grass seed.
- Earthmoving machinery on site to clear remains of hedge chippings and roots.
- Removal of highpoint on main runway.
- Removal of earth mound, redistribute spoil to help level runways.
- Runways measured and marked out.
- Runways deep ploughed to overwinter.
- Sheep arrive on site for grazing (250 free grass-cutting fertilizer machines).
- Specialist contractor moves in to remove asbestos roof and cladding from buildings.
- Principal contractor moves initial equipment onto site for start of main works in the New Year.