Work really kicked into gear on site during the second week of January (after the traditional construction industry long Christmas break)
The Principal Contractor (Front Row Construction) moved machinery on to site, initially two excavators and one dump truck.
Initial phases of works at landowners cost as targeted at protecting/preserving existing buildings and structures.
- Groundworks commence with lifting of concrete and stripping of topsoil where required.
- Commence excavations for new soakaways and associated pipework.
- Excavation of floor in large barn for new concrete floor slab.
- Internal works commence with stripping of house and removal of downstairs partition wall.
- Supporting steelwork installed.
- Downstairs floors removed in readiness for insulating and re-laying.
- Opening cut for new meeting room doors.
- External walls removed.
- Concrete sectional garage removed.
- Hardstanding/car-parking area excavated.